This week, many of us are getting back to the office in earnest. Before we get too far into the year, and the routine of things, I thought it would be useful to get you thinking about certain areas we often overlook, and therefore start focusing on "by default".
Consider this a quick start of the year checklist to make sure you have addressed these, or scheduled these in:
1. What are your top 3 priorities for 2019? Where are these visible? Does everyone you interface with know about these?
2. When are your 1-1s scheduled with your boss? Your team?
3. Peer time - when have you scheduled meetings and outreach with your peers?
4. Deep work time - What are the times you have earmarked for the heavier thinking tasks and activities?
5. Organizing- What are the things that need to be streamlined? Have you set up your files, logs and items for the new year?
6. Tolerations - What is the one thing that bothered you during 2018 that you want to fix? Maybe it was something in your office that didn't work, or something on your computer that wasn't' configured?
7. Learning - What do you have earmarked this year for learning? What formats will it take? Is it important to spread your learning across the year?
8. Habits - What are the habits that are doing to keep you at the top of your game?
9. Boundaries -What are the boundaries around work which will help support you? As a virtual and remote team member it's easy to have the lines blur. What's important to carve out as "your time" or "Family time". When are you available for others? When are you not? Have you communicated this?
10. Renewal and Peak Performance - The working life of a virtual and remote professional can be sedentary at times. What are you doing to renew, and keep yourself at peak performance?
11. Other - Each one of us has very different work. What are the other items which need to be added to the checklist.
Enjoy the exploration!
Jennifer Britton - Potentials Realized
Coaching, Training and Consulting Services
Author of the PlanDoTrack and Coaching Business Builder Workbook and Planners
Join us at the 2019 Teams365 Leadership Lab (meets 2nd and 4th Fridays of every month from 7 -8am Eastern)
Jennifer Britton is the blogger behind the popular Teams365 blog, a daily,blog for team leaders and members since 2014. Her latest publication is the PlanDoTrack Workbook and Planner. Pick up a copy at Amazon.
Pick Up a Copy
Stand Out Virtually - 1 Day
Masterclass. Take your virtual presentations to the next level, and leave the day with your next program sketched out! Thursday September 17th - 930 - 330pm Eastern/New York. Reserve your spot today.
Virtual Facilitation Essentials (8.5 CCEs)- Expand your toolkit for better remote and virtual conversations. This is a virtual train-the-trainer - Wednesday September 9 10 - 9 - 430 pm ET or Mondays 1230 - 145 pm ET September 14. 21, 28, October 5 and 19. $475 US Learn more and register.
Coaches! Register for the 60 Day Coaching Business Builder Accelerator. Join us for 60 Days support and ACTION for coaches wanting to grow their businesses. On-Demand Course.
PlanDoTrack Facilitator Training Program (24 CCEs) - Starts again in September. Contact Jennifer to discuss.
Next PlanDoTrack Quarterly Virtual Retreat: Monday September 28th - 5 - 9 pm Eastern
Month-End Planning Session: Wednesday September 30 - 12-1 pm ET