It’s back to work and time to revisit HOW you are working. What are the things that are working? What’s things aren’t?
I thought it would be useful to revisit the start of year checklist, given that September is often known as the second new year. How are you doing around these 10 areas:
1. What are your top 3 priorities for the rest of the year? Where are these visible? Does everyone you interface with know about these?
2. When are your 1-1s scheduled with your boss? Your team?
3. Peer time - When have you scheduled meetings and outreach with your peers?
4. Deep work time - What are the times you have earmarked for the heavier thinking tasks and activities?
5. Organizing- What are the things that need to be streamlined? What items need to be organized – physically and digitally?
6. Tolerations - What is the one thing that bothered you this year that you want to fix? Maybe it was something in your office that didn't work, or something on your computer that wasn't configured right?
7. Learning - What do you have earmarked for learning? What formats will it take? Are you building in time to apply the learning you have already taken, or have you become a consumer of learning?
8. Habits - What are the habits that are doing to keep you at peak performance?
9. Boundaries -What are the boundaries around work which will help support you? As a virtual and remote team member it's easy to have the lines blur. What's important to carve out as "your time" or "Family time". When are you available for others? When are you not? Have you communicated this?
10. Renewal and peak performance - The working life of a virtual and remote professional can be sedentary at times. What are you doing to renew, energize and keep yourself at peak performance?
Is there anything else you want to add to the list?
Enjoy the conversation!
Jennifer Britton - Potentials Realized
Author of PlanDoTrack (2019), Coaching Business Builder (2018), Effective Virtual Conversations (2017) and From One to Many: Best Practices for Team and Group Coaching (2013). Pick up a copy of any of her books at Amazon.
Book Jennifer for a coaching session to explore productivity, teamwork and business issues.
Contact her by phone at (416)996-8326
Check out these Instagram accounts @coachingbizbuilder & @remotepathways!
Check out upcoming programs on our calendar!
Are you a remote professional? Listen into the Remote Pathways Podcast on your favorite podcast player!
Jennifer Britton is the blogger behind the popular Teams365 blog, a daily,blog for team leaders and members since 2014. Her latest publication is the PlanDoTrack Workbook and Planner. Pick up a copy at Amazon.
Pick Up a Copy
Stand Out Virtually - 1 Day
Masterclass. Take your virtual presentations to the next level, and leave the day with your next program sketched out! Thursday September 17th - 930 - 330pm Eastern/New York. Reserve your spot today.
Virtual Facilitation Essentials (8.5 CCEs)- Expand your toolkit for better remote and virtual conversations. This is a virtual train-the-trainer - Wednesday September 9 10 - 9 - 430 pm ET or Mondays 1230 - 145 pm ET September 14. 21, 28, October 5 and 19. $475 US Learn more and register.
Coaches! Register for the 60 Day Coaching Business Builder Accelerator. Join us for 60 Days support and ACTION for coaches wanting to grow their businesses. On-Demand Course.
PlanDoTrack Facilitator Training Program (24 CCEs) - Starts again in September. Contact Jennifer to discuss.
Next PlanDoTrack Quarterly Virtual Retreat: Monday September 28th - 5 - 9 pm Eastern
Month-End Planning Session: Wednesday September 30 - 12-1 pm ET